On a Bender


Today's nails were inspired by a movie that came out yesterday; The Last Airbender. Now, I haven't seen the cartoon other than once or twice in passing, and I probably won't go to the movie, but reader Michelle C. asked that I do an Avatar: The Last Airbender themed manicure, so this is for her! :) I used the icons that represent water, earth, air, and fire for the index, middle, ring, and pinky, then for the thumb, I used the arrow tattoo on the main character's head. (or at least part of it)


I used:

Thumb: Head with arrow tattoo

MAC Abalone Shell as a base, with a mixture of Nubar Stronghold, American Apparel Peacock, and American Apparel Mount Royal for the tattoo part.

Index: Water

Orly Gumdrop as a base, with a mix of American Apparel Peacock and American Apparel Mount Royal for the icon.

Middle: Earth

American Apparel Palm Springs as a base, with Zoya Dea for the icon.

Ring: Air

butterLONDON Billy No Mates as a base, with a mix of Zoya Jancyn and Nubar Stronghold for the icon.

Pinky: Fire

A mix of Essie Alligator Purse and American Apparel Palm Springs for the base, with a mix of Essie Alligator Purse and American Apparel Hassid for the icon.

Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Hope you approve, Michelle! :)

Also, since I get a lot of people asking what I use for my designs, I took a picture of the brush that I use, which I got at Sally Beauty Supply.



Preview on Feedage: fashions-nail-makeover Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You