With Yellow Feathers in Her Hair


Ok, so let me start off by saying that I know that the Copacabana in the song and on my nails are two completely different Copacabanas.... but I was requested by reader Joanna from Brazil to do the famous Copacabana sidewalk, and then I thought, HEY, I'm going to see Barry Manilow tonight... why not, so I combined the two. :-D Before you all judge me for going to Barry Manilow, it was great. Like really great. Did you know that he wrote the jingle for Band-Aids and State Farm?! I had no idea. (I learned something tonight!!) I got the tickets free too, which made the concert even more awesome! For today's nails, I took a lyric from the song 'Copacabana', 'with yellow feathers in her hair', and combined it with the sidewalk pattern at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. :)



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the black design, as well as mixed with China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Color Club Volt of Light to make brown for the hair, since I didn't have any brown polish with me. I used American Apparel Cotton again applied with Konad Plate m77 with a mix of China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Color Club Volt of Light on top to make the feathers yellow. :) Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat to make it super shiny, like Manilow's lapels.

Oh Margy, You came and you brought me a turkey.

Preview on Feedage: fashions-nail-makeover Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You