Blogger in a China Shop


I know I've said this a million times, and Ill say it again, ideas come from the most unexpected places...the idea for this post came from a manicure I did a while back that also used the two polishes that I used for this manicure. I noticed that when painting the blue over the white, there was a certain amount of transparency near the middle and end of the strokes, and I knew if I diluted it a bit more with clear polish, I could layer it to create a china pattern! I've always loved the look of old china, and though I'd never own it (I'm far too clumsy), I'll admire it from afar...and on my nails! :) I hope that you enjoy my interpretation of antique china patterns!



I used American Apparel Cotton as a base, with ULTA Moody Blues for the china pattern. To make it a tad sheerer in places for layering, I mixed it with Seche Vite top coat. I then topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

And because I think I like the thumb better on my right hand....



Preview on Feedage: fashions-nail-makeover Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You